Sunday, July 12, 2009

Not in the Chapbook

I've been compiling a chapbook for this project and it's tough because I have the makings of a book, not a chapbook.

Here are excerpts of poems I had to leave out (but will read this Thursday):

Thick-dicked twink,
twenty-seven inch waist,
prefers stubble,
muscles on motorcycles,
legs spread by revving machine,
buttocks high and upsetting...

(from Verse)

***

I was asking for it:
Daisy Dukes with boots.

White men think all Asians are bottoms.
I see where they get that:

FOBs seem effeminate because Americans
have this hypermasculinity.

(from Jesus Christ Non Sequitur)

***

The fantasy white man
whispers nigger
as he slams into me
or wagers it against his dignity
as I slam into him.

(untitled)

***

We are woodwinds,
our music of erotic conclusions

not every two bodies
will create children

Without string, key or hammer,
just openings for breath

(untitled)

***

I'd call the phone booth on 21st Ave.
by my dorm and if the stranger’s voice
sounded good,
I'd tell him what I wanted to do.
There were many bible-belt hang-ups
and faggot!
till one day a warm black skillet baritone,
Ok, come over.

(untitled)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kevin,
    Just read these and really like them. Great snippets each with it's own flare into fantasy.
    You lost me on FOBs, I'm not familiar with that acronym.
    The fourth one I especially like, not because it's the least sexual, but because it captures the spirituality. Are you familiar with the book "Two Flutes Playing" by Andrew Ramer? They seem connected.
    The last one is hot and I want to hear the details of what it is the I wants to do, what he says when he calls. The warm black skillet baritone gives me goose bumps.
    Julene

    ReplyDelete